Saturday, December 3, 2016

University of Dubuque's Christmas at Heritage (2016): Salvation Unto Us Has Come

It has been my honor and privilege to contribute the narrative for this lovely event for the last three years. Last night I also had the opportunity of reading as well. Thanks to President Jeffrey Bullock and his lovely wife Dana, and the good people of the Fine and Performing Arts Department and the Heritage Center for including me. The program begins at 18:00. Enjoy!



UPDATE: Here is a list of the narrative interludes between the musical numbers. 

I. DAVID'S PLEA: "Restore to me the joy of your salvation!"
II. JACOB'S SIGH: "I wait for your salvation, Lord." 
III. HABAKKUK'S ASSURANCE: "I will exult in the God of my salvation!"
IV. ISAIAH'S PROMISE: "With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation."
V. MOSES' TESTIMONY: "The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation."
VI. JEREMIAH'S COMFORT: "Truly in the Lord is our salvation."
VII. SIMEON'S DOXOLOGY: "Mine eyes have seen your salvation!"
VIII. A Hymn on the Nativity of My Saviour (Ben Jonson, 1572—1637)

No comments: