Sunday, June 26, 2016

13th Sunday in Ordinary Time [Proper 8]

2Kings 20:1-21 or Amos 4:1-3 or Malachi 3:6-18 (4:1-6)
Psalm 56
Matthew 9:27-34 or John 5:31-47
1Corinthians 3:12-15 (3:16-4:5) 4:6-21 or 2John


     

CALL TO WORSHIP [from GREATER ATTENTION: LERW, YEAR D]
May grace, mercy, and peace be with us from God the Father
and from Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, in truth and love.
         Let our service to God and our faith in Christ Jesus
         be a spectacle to the world, to angels and to mortals. 
If we are fools for the sake of Christ, let others become wise in him.
If we are weak, may they become are strong.
         When reviled, we shall bless; when persecuted, we shall endure;
         when slandered, we shall speak kindly.
For even if we are like the rubbish of the world, the dregs of all things,
We know that the Lord himself has received as much from the world.
         Therefore, in God, whose word I praise, in God I trust;
         I am not afraid; what can flesh do to me?
My vows to you I must perform, O God;
I will render thank offerings to you.
         For you have delivered my soul from death,and my feet from falling,
         so that I may walk before you in the light of life.

No comments: